Regeneration 20|30 aims to make a shift to a new regenerative paradigm
For our economy, society, and collective well-being. The shareholder primacy is no longer sustainable: it’s time to move towards a different model in which interdependency is a fundamental. World happiness depends on our concrete actions. Social inequality can be fought only through a regenerative and multi-lateral approach. We promote the creation of a sustainable and regenerative society. In such a society, the primary purpose of human, business, and economic activities is contributing to individual and collective happiness, while protecting natural systems in order to restore their ability to regenerate.
RES ha firmato e s’impegna a rispettare il Regeneration 20|30 Pledge:
- The pledge is at the heart of the Regeneration 20|30 initiative.
- Together we commit to do better: read it below and get ready to commit to a concrete path for regeneration.
- We are a coalition of global leaders and, as human beings and changemakers, we hereby commit to act as a regenerating force for society and nature.
- Human activities and businesses should create conditions conducive to life, respect human dignity, and reignite trust in society.
- Our purpose is to strive with compassion, wisdom, and courage to build a new era in which, by 2030, happiness and human well-being will be core economic and political drivers on a global scale, the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals will be fully achieved, and we will have taken radical action to tackle the climate crisis.
We pledge to tackle the root causes of the systemic failure of our time and evolve beyond shareholder primacy to create a stakeholder economy. We will strive to transform the current economic paradigm into a regenerative one, driven by interdependence and leading towards sustainability and circularity. We are committed to implementing a comprehensive measurement of our organization’s social and environmental impacts, with the same robustness adopted for financial results. We commit to exploring new governance models in order to include all stakeholders in economic decisions. Those are the foundations to achieve a shared and durable prosperity for humanity, regenerating our home Planet and creating beauty.
We pledge to make radical decisions to tackle the XXI century climate crisis, reach carbon neutrality of our organizations and accelerate the transition to a Net Zero Carbon Economy. We hereby commit for a strong effort to shift our business models towards a Paris-compliant decarbonization path, well before 2050, through divestment from fossil fuels, fast increase of renewable energy and investments in low carbon technologies. We will report data, regularly and with transparency and accept to be monitored periodically by a third party. Being aware that our commitments alone are not sufficient, we also demand Governments and International Organizations to do their part, with renewed national and local commitments.